Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A Trial and Blessing in our lives

On May 15, 2013 we received some of the most terrifying and life changing news in our life. My mom was diagnosed with cancer. It was an emotional roller coaster. It has now been 9 months since we received the news and all is almost well, but it was one of the longest, hardest, most faith-taking 9 months of my life. These are pictures we took in Salt Lake after we received the wonderful news that her cancer had not spread further than 5 lymph nodes.  We were so happy and so blessed. We went to the Cheese Cake Factory and the waiter asked if they was a reason we were out celebrating, and my mom said,"Yes! I have breast cancer, but only breast cancer! It hasn't spread!" It seemed like a funny thing to celebrate but we were Oh so grateful.





Mom started chemo the 2nd week in June. She had to have 8 rounds every other week so 16 weeks total. It was the LONGEST 16 weeks. My mom had the hardest time with it. It was awful watching her go through all of it. We felt helpless but she got through it. She was amazing and so strong through it all. I know it was a nightmare for her. This is a picture of all our us getting pedicures the day before her first treatment.

2 weeks after her first treatment, mom's hair starting falling out. It was driving her crazy and she wanted it all gone. So, Paige came over to do it at the house. Ledger wanted so badly to do it with her. He wanted to be just like Mimi.




Love love these pictures. They will always remain some of my favorites. A picture of such a strong woman!

I am only able to write this now because all is well. Mom is in her 3 week of 7 of radiation. She is back to her normal self that we missed so badly for 5 months. I can't imagine life without her. I am so grateful for the many, many tender mercies our family was blessed with. My mom is a fighter!

No comments: